Although my ripped days are nothing but a distant memory, I still remember that I received ZERO support in my quest to stay fit. Even after I had lost around 35 pounds, and was looking great, with tons of power and a positive attitude, everybody treated me like I was an eccentric. These are some of the comments I received:
- Running fasted is too hard on the body
- You are losing weight too fast
- You are too extreme, need to find more balance in your diet
- That's too many eggs!
- You really have to exercise every day? You are so obssessive
- Why no dairy? Your calcium reserves must be depleted
- Meat and fish are too contaminated these days, you eat too much of that
- Jumping rope is bad for the knees
- Cheating once in a while is good!
Those are real examples. I understand gfs trying to prevent you to be superfit out of jealousy, but the rest of the people? I remember my uncle, who is an extremely fit guy in his fifties, was telling my father and I last christmas how he was training for a marathon, and instead of praising him for his alphaness our immediate reaction was to admonish him as running on asphalt is bad for the knees. What is the reason for this attitude?