1. Mubarak Jr. is done
2. Mubarak Sr. intends to keep the regime in power even if sacrificing his son and later himself albeit through a "smooth transition" to Omar Suleiman
3. Omar Suleiman is a military figure who is more than acceptable to western powers, especially the US State Dep't. He is anti-Iran and anti-MB.
4. Saudi Arabia has condemned the demos for obvious reasons relating to a fear of the MB seizing power and allowing it to spread through the region
5. Iran is supporting the demos hoping that the MB and related types would be able to take advantage of the confusion to remove Egypt from the American orbit
6. The Americans want to see some consmetic changes without letting the genie out of the bottle
7. The police has been withdrawn from the streets, the army has moved in: the former are less popular than the latter, but both are pillars of the regime
The US State Department says: